As part of Contract Solutions Grampian Limited’s on-going commitment to achieving the highest possible standards, we adopt an active training policy for all levels of employees. The purpose of training is to ensure that staff have the necessary skills, knowledge and resources to meet the needs of theirs and the company’s objectives. By investing in our people, we encourage them to reach their full potential, thus helping fulfil their need for personal development and job satisfaction.
We give detailed and highly effective training to all our new staff, and experienced staff are re-trained to reach our high standards. This not only covers the latest equipment and products, but also our environmental and health and safety policies. In addition, we have regular training to constantly improve our working methods, such as new health and safety procedures or more environmentally friendly ways of working.
It is the responsibility of the Operations Managers to ensure that their staff receive training and development. Training is provided through:
- Induction training
- On the job training
- In house courses All our training starts with a full induction. This is followed up with training relating to specific tasks, which covers topics such as the handling of chemicals, damp dusting, manual handling and COSHH.
On the job training is the most common form of training. This is provided by managers and supervisors and colleagues. All members of staff are expected to co-operate in training new employees.
At the start of a new contract, each cleaner is given a copy of the cleaning specification so that they know all the areas to be cleaned.
Training includes but is not limited to:
- Correct use of cleaning chemicals
- Correct use of cleaning equipment
- Correct use of cleaning machinery
- Waste management, e.g. recycling
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Manual handling Training is without a doubt one of the most important responsibilities we have as a business. We have always believed cleaning to be a highly skilled job and we invest highly to train our staff.
Name: Calum Johnston
Position: Commercial Director